1. Whenever possible, even in the U.S., try to find a single zero (European) roulette wheel. The double zero wheel puts the odds in the strongly in the houses favor.
2. Dont get caught up in books promoting fool proof roulette systems. Roulette is a true game of chance and the only ones who will benefit from these systems are the authors when you buy their books.
3. Start out slowly with one or two even money bets and work yourself into a comfortable betting routine. Keep the pace relaxed and enjoy yourself. Avoid making high risk bets and never risk your entire bankroll one one spin of the wheel.
4. Set limits in advance and divide your bankroll in play sessions. While we advise this with all casinos games, this is especially important with roulette as the game is strongly in favor of the house. The house edge is 5.26% on a double zero wheel and 2.70% on a single zero wheel. This is contrasted by the house edge of, for example, 0.61% on a 4 deck blackjack shoe.
5. As with the other casinos games always get reward cards when playing in land-based casinos and look for casinos offering the best money bonuses when playing online.
Dress in your finest, have your spouse or significant other on your arm, and have some fun while playing roulette.
Roulette Etiquette (Rouletiquette?)
1. Players do not collect their own winnings from the roulette table. The croupier will pay the player’s winnings.
2. When the croupier announces “No more bets”, players may not touch, add or remove their chips.
3. Players are not allowed to hand cash to the croupier for chips. Instead the cash is placed on the table in front of the player.
4. No electronic devices are permitted at a roulette table.
5. Food and drinks are not allowed over the roulette table. If you spill something on the table, many casinos will charge you a fee.
6. Chips should be placed on the table and never thrown.
7. Players should cash out or buy chips between spins, not during them.
8. Win or lose, its nice to tip your croupier.
Playing Roulette Online
Although the way roulette is played is essentially the same whether played online or in a land-based casino, one of the biggest benefits of playing online is that you can find a choice of the European or U.S. version of roulette simply by searching thru the links in our roulette section, then logging on to the site that offers the features you prefer and the version you prefer.
Online play offers you the ability to play in a relaxed environment and at your own pace as well as the chance to learn all the ins and outs of the game with play money before you risk your hard earned cash. And of course, one should always search for the online casino that offers the best bonuses, clearly written and concise rules, 24/7 support and prompt payment. With the rapid growth of online gambling, players now have a wonderful range of choices of how and where they will bet their money on the spinning wheel. Good luck and remember to have fun and bet within your limits.
I’m Jason Rockwell. When I’m not winning playing online poker, I enjoy writing about my love of the game. Thanks for visiting!